Protected Characteristics Workshop for Young People
published on 08 July 2023
We have had many organisations and local authorities ask us for resources they can use with their young people so we have created this workshop for facilitators to use.
This is designed to help young people think about the both indirect and direct discrimination so they can putt it into context.
All I ask is that if you use this work shop that you contact me and let me know how it went so we can help improve it, but also to let me know if your young people want to be part of the campaign to make Care Experienced a Protected Characteristic.
We can assist with next steps in getting the motion through your local councils by providing draft motions, help with speeches and press and media support.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO PROPOSE THESE MOTIONS THROUGH YOUR COUNCILS.
Councils that have passed the motion so far are;
- Cumberland (29/07/2022)
- Westmorland and Furness (28/09/2022)
- Ashfield District Council (29/09/2022)
- Manchester (05/10/2022)
- Redcar and Cleveland (13/10/2022)
- Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (14/12/2022)
- Edinburgh (24/11/2022)
- Wigan (07/12/2022)
- Nottingham (10/01/2023)
- Southend on sea Borough Council (12/01/2023)
- Nottinghamshire (19/01/2023)
- Sefton (19/01/2023)
- Lambeth (25/01/2023)
- Sunderland Council (25/01/2023)
- London borough of Sutton (20/02/2023)
- Lancashire (23/02/2023)
- Doncaster (27/02/2023)
- Telford and Wrekin (02/03/2023
- Newark and Sherwood (09/03/2023)
- Bradford City Council (14/03/2023)
- Southampton (15/03/2023)
- Salford City Council (15/03/2023)
- Oldham Council (15/03/2023)
- Trafford Council (15/03/2023
- Plymouth City Council (27/03/2023)
- North Ayrshire (29/03/2023)
- Birmingham City Council (18/04/2023)
- Ealing (25/04/2023)
- Waltham (27/04/2023)
- Cambridgeshire County Council (16/05/2023)
- Somerset Council (24/05/2023)
- Gloucestershire County Council (24/05/2024)
- Hammersmith and Fulham Council (6/06/2023)
- Dudley Metropolitan Council (14/06/2023)
- Milton Keynes City Council (14/06/2023)
- Bassetlaw District Council (22/06/2023)
- Falkirk Council (28/06/2023)
- Solihull Council (4/07/2023)
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thame (11/07/2023)
- Croydon Council (12/07/2023)
- Bedford Metropolitan Council (12/07/2023)
- Broxtowe Borough Council (12/07/2023)
- Rochdale Borough Council (19/07/2023)
- Liverpool City Council (19/07/2023)
- Darlington Borough Council (21/07/2023)
- Tower Hamlets Council (26/07/2023)
- Peterborough Council (26/07/2023)
- Slough Borough Council (27/07/2023)
- North Northamptonshire Council (17/08/2023)
- Devon County Council (07/09/2023)
- Brighton and Hove Council (11/09/2023)
- Cornwall Council (13/09/2023)
- West Northamptonshire Council (19/09/2023)
- Rushcliffe Borough Council (21/09/2023)
Many more are set to follow in the coming months. We are aiming to get to at least 125 councils by the time of the next General Election.
It's important to demonstrate high impact of this policy in the councils that have passed these motions so we are working hard to make that happen.
Following your local authority adopting the motion we can also help with policy suggestions for high impact, best practice and next steps.
Please get in touch through the website or directly to me firstname.lastname@example.org 07838317574